Not that nothing was going on during 2018. There was... is... a lot happening.
Time just....went. Gone, bye.
Now, I find myself here, at the last week of the year, looking back and eager to move on.
So much to be grateful for this year:
- Health (hip is fine; amputated toe (another L O N G story) not an issue. Still can bike, swim, golf and speedwalk.
- Love (still with my hubby, my Warren, my Choppy. Couldn't imagine life without him)
- Work (left super stressful job to move on to a much, much, much less stressful job. People are great; should be a nice way to wind down the work part of my life)
- New Adventures (joined the Golf Channel AmTour and played competitive golf with "the boys". Got to Nationals (by sheer luck, not by talent); improved my game; had a blast. Did my second IM 70.3 relay with Warren (Team Choppy). We did IM 70.3 Indian Wells/LaQuinta. Swam in 57 degree water. Next year, Team Choppy becomes Team 19 Toes as we return to IM 70.3 North Carolina in October)
- We finally got an AIRSTREAM! (The Nest -- the smaller, fiberglass version, but we finally got it. Already have a bunch of camping trips on the calendar for 2019)
- Letting Go (most painful aspect was letting go of friends who, surprisingly, weren't really friends in the first place. Still stinging a bit from that one....)
There is so, so much more.
This week, I'm planning out my race schedule; getting my calendar in order and cleaning out/touching up. It is time to update some pictures and to recommit to blogging. 2019 is sure to be a banner year and I want to make sure to capture some great notes.
Merry, Happy, Healthy 2019 everyone!