Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolutions Update and Social Media

This is what I wrote down for my beginning list of 2009 resolutions:

  • Exercise 6 times per week, including a Masters Swim on Tuesday/Thursday.
  • Go Vegetarian 2 times per week (Tuesday and Thursday would be easiest)
  • Minimum Athena weight by the time Lifetime Fitness Triathlon rolls around (July 11th)
  • Breath deeply
  • Save money.

Let's see where I am in relationship to these lofty goals as of January EIGHTH, 2009:

Exercise: Four days: ran a 10K; another 2.3 miles another day; lifted weights once; swam once; walked briskly and rode a stationary bike once. So I did six things, not six days....AND the Masters swim happens at 5:30 in the A. wtf M which should count for extra credit.
  • Rational: not yet in "training" Reality: It is freezing cold here and I've been woozy (really).

Vegetarian: So far, so good.

  • Rational: it is pretty easy. Reality: It's only been ONE Tuesday and One Thursday. Also, chocolate does not contain any meat by-products (I hope).

Minimum Athena: I have't gotten on a scale in months. I'm petrified.

  • Rational: I'm petrified. Reality: July is a long time away and I need to just face the number.

Breath deeply. Every day. No rational or reality comment needed.

Save Money: I think spending less counts too, yes?

---

I've become sort of a Social Media junkie, getting in to Facebook and Linkedin...A couple of my bloggie friends are into this too (Steve and Tri to be Funny).

Anyone else?

4 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

IronWaddler said...

You are on your way with your goals. It is tough to change everything in 1 week.

Christopher, Amanda, and Babies said...

You can do it! Part time vegetarian . . . that's thought.

Get the goals girl!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I love facebook!! Way too easy to keep in touch! :-) Great goals...know how you feel about the swim thing. Mornings are not easy, but I prefer am to pm because I tend to come up with any excuse NOT to go!