Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drama!

This is the kind of Saturday during a holiday weekend that I both love and fear:

I ran this morning with some of my favorite running buddies. It was a wonderful run of just under 7 miles.

Came home, ate breakfast (Optimal cereal with soymilk, followed by a hunk of leftover birthday cake).

Paid the bills, drank more coffee, ate more cake.

Now, Hubby is running some errands and I'm settled in in my workspace located on the 2nd floor of the house drinking yet more coffee.

I'm wearing the my vision of the Housewife's Horror Outfit: Sweatpants (nice and stretchy to accommodate even MORE cake), sweat shirt, slippers and no makeup.

Blogging, catching up on blogs and, (ready for it????): watching "THE WAY WE WERE"!

Ohhhh, the drama!

Speaking of drama: nothing like family drama over a turkey, I always say...

  • Ran the Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning (no drama there, just a nice day to be out with 4,000 others trying to offset a few holiday calories...)
  • hosted breakfast for 11 people (lots of drama)
  • then hosted dinner for another four (even more drama)

All in all, Hubby and I did our best to stay out of the fray (by staying in the kitchen) AND it was a pretty fun day.

We're just glad to have the weekend to recuperate.

Hope you and yours all had a great holiday too.

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Well I see you sitting over there.. and I think you look fabulous!

Thanks for mentioning the Cuddleduds again. (I'm sort of a baby about cold weather.)

Saw the big run on TV Thursday. What fun!

IronWaddler said...

Gotta love the drama!!! THat's what holidays are for.

Steve Stenzel said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving (despite the drama...)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wow--I'm glad I'm usually just "the guest" at holiday meals because there's no way I could host meals for multiple people---unless a catering company and waitstaff is involved :-)

So what did you watch after "The Way We Were?" Beaches?????

Anonymous said...

FAMILY DRAMA MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND? That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

Steve Stenzel said...

Just wanted to let you know about intervals/track workout in case you're interested. Saturday, 9 am, St. Thomas track. It'll be cold!