Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Back from Sin City

Just got back from 10 days in Las Vegas. I was there attending two conferences, with a weekend inbetween where my husband, my sister and her husband came out for some fun.

I had a great time, but the trip got long.

The first conference was at Rio -- met some nice people and potentially good connections. Also got to spend some time with my (crazy) former boss. A lovely person, but crazy indeed. The second conference was at Caeser's and was with my work group.

For the most part, I really like the people I work with, but continually stuggle with my boss. Nice guy -- very different style from me and we really don't connect very well. I work in a very male dominated work group and the management structure is very sexist. (I'm sure someone must have told them that this is 2006...)

There are also a couple of women that are difficult to deal work. I just try to do my best, plug along and not be too much of a nightmare back.

The real fun was when my husband, sister and brother-in-law came out. We gambled (lost miserably); ate out at some wonderful restaurants and just generally had a blast.

Hubby and I rented a car, so the four of us went out to Lake Las Vegas to look at some property. The four of us have thought long and hard about buying something, but my problem is the "long distance" from Minnesota. I just don't see how only being there a few weeks out of the year is worth the expense. But...you never know.

Hubby and I also went golfing. We had a terrific time playing a par-three course called Cloud Nine at Angel Park. The holes are designed to replicate some of the famous courses (like St. Andrews). I'm new to the sport but just loved it.

There was a four-some about two holes ahead of us that was slow and would not let people play through (rude, rude, rude). Because of them, we hooked up with a very interesting man and played the rest of the course with him. Great conversation, fun day.

I exercised very little (ran a couple of times) and ate way, way, way too much. I'm sure my weight is way up. This does not make me happy in the least, but I'm not very motivated right now to do much about it. Marathon training starts in about two weeks, so my exercise will go up.

I just wish my response to unhappiness wasn't putting food in my mouth...

No comments: