Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today is a bummer day...

I take Gorby back to the U today for a "surgical consult" with Team One to determine the course of action regarding his intestinal tumor.

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place:

If I do nothing, the tumor will grow and cancer will spread OR the tumor will grow and either obstruct, perforate or constrict his intestine, which, along with the cancer, presents a whole new set of problems.

I've got a list of questions a mile long to ask and reask Team One about the procedures, the recovery process, the recovery success, etc.

Depending on all the answers, Gorby will either spend the night there and have surgery tomorrow or come home with me, untreated.

Gorby, during all of this, just keeps trucking. Eating like a horse; drinking; "eliminatining"; looking for attenting and getting lots of love.

I was going to post a picture, but the Blogger template is a little weird today, and I don't see the icon to upload photos.

I'll leave you with this: =^..^=

4 comments:

Tri to Be Funny said...

May you remain strong during this tough time with your baby. Follow your heart on his treatment.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you have such a difficult decision. Do what you feel is best. You will make the right choice because it will be out of love.

Sunshine said...

Yes, we were having all sorts of trouble with pictures this morning, too.
Sending you all sorts of best wishes and good thoughts in this difficult time.

Nat said...

Thinking of you...